March Madness 2014 defies even predictive modeling at SAS
Cary, N.C. — Who better to forecast the NCAA men's basketball tournament other than the software gurus at SAS and their partners? But even the men and women using analytics software and high-performance computing power to predict what shoppers will buy next and what products will be hot at Christmas can't forecast March Madness. So confesses Jared Dean, confessed basketball junkie, who heads Research and Development at SAS....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Watch a real red wedding - at Red Hat Summit
- NC Secretary of State praises crowdfunding bill
- Pay, check your heart rate: Chinese smartwatch embeds Valencell biometric sensors
- It's first-and-goal for NC's crowdfunding bill
- 'Sales acceleration' software startup ZynBit lands $500K
- Crowdfunding bill 'down to the 2 yard line;' bitcoin bill advances
- 'Launch Startup in a Day' program aims to cut red tape
- Red Hat to offer employees stock purchase plan as incentive
- Survey: Consumers value accuracy most from wearables
- Report: Triangle ranks among top metros for best VC returns