Many IBMers in China just say no to working for Lenovo
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The strike at an IBM x86 server plant in China by some 1,000 workers is ending - but the workers claim they won concessions from Big Blue for better severance and retention packages. Still, about half of them have decided not to transfer to Lenovo despite a plea from the company. IBM's $2.3 billion sale of its sever business to Lenovo triggered the walkout. Meanwhile, in RTP, IBM x86 workers will soon have a new home....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- 'Sales acceleration' software startup ZynBit lands $500K
- Crowdfunding bill 'down to the 2 yard line;' bitcoin bill advances
- 'Launch Startup in a Day' program aims to cut red tape
- Red Hat to offer employees stock purchase plan as incentive
- Survey: Consumers value accuracy most from wearables
- Report: Triangle ranks among top metros for best VC returns
- NC House approves crowdfunding in first vote, but ...
- Providers: 'Coming together,' engagement are keys to making NC broadband plan work
- State Broadband Plan targets 'universal' high-speed access by 2021
- AT&T broadens reach of NC Next Generation Network