Posted Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:43 a.m.
Looking back: Top stories as reported in WRALTechWire
Related Blog Posts
- 'The tattooed guy' gears up to represent Raleigh at South by Southwest
- Paralyzed woman walks, aided by exoskeleton made with Triangle-based technology
- New Samsung phone; Stem cell study; Ockham award; Scynexis drug; CommScope earnings
- HP vs. Lenovo: Who has the advantage? Analyst picks HP - for now
- ExitEvent news: New opportunities for seed, early stage VC funds
- GSK lung drug Anoro recommended for European approval
- More topline speakers, big crowd = Entrepreneur event you should attend
- Meg Whitman: HP will target IBM-Lenovo server 'instability'
- Fred Eshelman's Furiex reportedly looking for buyer after drug test success
- Red Hat OpenStack; Truphone's HQ move; new SAS customers; UNC Charlotte data science degree
- HP sales, profit exceed estimates on server demand
- Aereo blocked in some Western states after ruling
- 'Patent trolls' have a new enemy: SAS software
- Google Fiber could help make NC the first 'gigastate'
- Google to help small N.C. businesses get online
- CED to honor Duke's Snyderman for life science leadership
- ExitEvent news: How Triangle Entrepreneurship Week inspired Forward City
- Lord Corp.'s Stellar acquisition sets stage for oil and gas, aerospace growth
- Vivek Wadhwa: How to hire and keep good women technologists
- Raleigh startup to deliver live content to mobile devices based on geography
- Analysts: Facebook takes out a threat in buying WhatsApp - but cost is 'staggering'
- Kiss-and-tell exclusive: Why Google just loves the Triangle
- Facebook to buy messaging startup WhatsApp for up to $19B
- Duke Health chief to head Institute of Medicine
- FCC won't appeal net neutrality ruling
- NC Next Generation Network welcomes Google news but pushes ahead with own agenda
- Here's what Google Fiber wants from metro areas to land network
- NC Biotech Center leader Norris Tolson to retire June 30
- Google picks Triangle for fiber network deployment list
- Royalty Exchange enters patent market through new partnership
- Cree named to MIT's '50 Smartest Companies' list
- 'But we were just negotiating:' Understanding when a string of communications (even emails) may establish a binding contract
- AT&T expands 4G; N.C. Clean Tech Summit; Data science fellows; SciMetrika president; King Digital IPO
- Chelsea wins first FDA approval but 'black out' drug carries black box warning
- Underground @Raleigh gives another high-tech charge to downtown's rebirth
- Higher education's economic impact is focus of 'State of the Triangle' event
- N.C. ranks 7th nationally in LEED green building
- Lord Corp. to acquire sensor firm Stellar Technology
- Lulu expands Lulu Jr. children's line with new publishing kit
- Triangle Entrepreneurship Week rebrands as 'Forward Triangle'
- NC IDEA defends $250,000 grant to CED, but how will money be spent as organization reboots?
- PurThread strikes development deal with Kodak for infection-fighting materials
- Why does N.C. unemployment remain so high?
- Two Google execs to help open American Underground @Raleigh
- ExitEvent news: Mobile app Yillio now touting U.S. Open
- Motorola Mobility top exec's bailout creates another headache for Lenovo
- News from ExitEvent: Group tackles problem of few females in startups
- Wirelress carriers predict 30% surge in Internet-connected devices
- WRAL's Google Glass broadcasts preview possible TV news future
- Kickstarter is hacked; some customer data is disclosed
- Rising stars with backing from Biotech Center to present at CED event
- Turn your photos into works of art: Raleigh startup Photofy has an app for that
- NSF offers $20M in funding for cyberinfrastructure program
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — A look back at technology, life science and other related news as reported in WRALTechWire last week.
Headlines are listed at left.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- IBM's top chef tries new board recipe with 'presiding director;' company won't comment
- Startup Factory's search for 'bad-a**' entrepreneurs finds 4 teams
- A mentor becomes a partner: How Silverpop CEO boosts Windsor Circle
- No Ashton Kutcher smartphone, Lenovo says
- Checking in on 'tattooed guy' with SXSW-bound Raleigh team
- Sneak peek: Stylish HQRaleigh on eve of move-in day
- Raleigh mayor heads to Austin to recruit entrepreneurs, businesses
- Reports: Strike against IBM-Lenovo deal continues in China
- RTP misses out on $100M Cisco 'Internet of Everything' center
- IBM job protests in China don't generate sympathy in US