Life science startups can get funding insight through NC Biotech Center library
On The Web
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — North Carolina’s life science community now has a new way to glean inside information that might help with funding and business strategy.
It comes via the North Carolina Biotechnology Center library’s subscription to the PitchBook private equity and venture capital database.
By scheduling an appointment for an in-person visit to the library, users can scour PitchBook information on more than 42,000 investors and over 200,000 deals. The library is on the second floor of NCBiotech’s headquarters in Research Triangle Park. First-time users get the first hour free. Rates vary thereafter, starting at $150 an hour.
The PitchBook platform provides powerful tools for entrepreneurs seeking investments as well as for life science investors, information collectors, students and service providers.
Users can search for partnership opportunities, investor interests and deal histories and track competitors’ fundraising activities.
Appointments and more information are available by contacting the NCBiotech library at email@example.com or by calling Research Librarian Karin Shank at (919) 549-8880.
(C) NC Biotechnology Center
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- House won't 'concur' on bill with crowdfunding, but ...
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding