Lenovo, Motorola eating into Apple, Samsung smartphone marketshare
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — "Lenovo + Motorola = Winning Combination?" So reads a new report from research firm Juniper, which shows that in the first quarter Lenovo and Motorola Mobility smartphones ate into the global market shares of No. 1 Samsung anf No. 2 Motorola. Lenovo is buying the Motorola group from Google for $2.8 billion, pending regulatory approval....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- State to add 105,000 jobs this year, jobless rate to fall says NCSU economist
- A nearly $2B IPO adds to legacy of Lenovo's founder
- Remembering Triangle's first 'disruptors' from 2007 - and warnings still relevant today
- Is your firm headed into a 'Digital Vortex" or sending competitors into a spiral of destruction?
- Mobile apps showdown: Red Hat-Samsung vs. Apple-IBM
- Exclusive: Google Fiber ready for Triangle competition, top exec says
- Google Fiber is here: Construction begins across Triangle
- In the name of hype, Lenovo launches a 'Killer' campaign
- Red Hat pays hefty price for new CFO: $4M signing bonus, $9M in stock, $500,000 to move
- NC budget showdown: Much at stake for startup, life science, tech sectors