Lenovo, IBM face 'perfect storm of issues' in US server deal review
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Lenovo has already secured office space in RTP for some 2,000 IBMers who are expected to be transferred as part of then $2.3 billion deal for Big Blue's x86 server business. But Bloomberg news reports that the deal faces a "perfect storm of issues" in winning U.S. government approval. It's deja vu 2005 all over again....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
- Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?
- A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
- N.C. Senate committee to consider crowdfunding bill
- NCTA renames its '21 Awards,' to honor winners with 'Beacon'
- Vivek Wadhwa's book 'Innovating Women' hits markets Sept. 2