Lenovo, IBM face 'perfect storm of issues' in US server deal review
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Lenovo has already secured office space in RTP for some 2,000 IBMers who are expected to be transferred as part of then $2.3 billion deal for Big Blue's x86 server business. But Bloomberg news reports that the deal faces a "perfect storm of issues" in winning U.S. government approval. It's deja vu 2005 all over again....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Startup warning sign? Silicon Valley VC confidence falls to 2-year-low
- Video: IBM may dump Lenovo's ThinkPads for MacBooks
- Reports: Lenovo smartphone shipments, market share plummet
- Epic Games' CEO: Augmented reality is next really big thing
- Its 'pivot' made, Reveal Mobile raises $750K, looks to hire
- No bull: Durham ranks No. 9 on 'Best Cities for Creatives' list
- AT&T, CenturyLink, trade groups won't cave to FCC net regulation
- Global tablet sales falter - including Lenovo despite hiring Ashton Kutcher
- Is GSK open to a merger? 'A big issue to cross,' CEO says
- Ex-GSK employees facing layoffs at Parexel; firm won't comment