Lenovo, IBM face 'perfect storm of issues' in US server deal review
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Lenovo has already secured office space in RTP for some 2,000 IBMers who are expected to be transferred as part of then $2.3 billion deal for Big Blue's x86 server business. But Bloomberg news reports that the deal faces a "perfect storm of issues" in winning U.S. government approval. It's deja vu 2005 all over again....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz
- Amazon launches one-hour delivery service in Raleigh
- Frontier: 'We applaud' ConnectHome net plan, touts own efforts
- AT&T applauds Google Fiber's 'free' offer to community centers, notes its own efforts to bridge 'digital divide'
- Google Fiber promises free ultra-fast Internet access to public housing
- SAS drives revenue to 40th straight record: $3.16B
- Report: NC faces 'at least' 70% loss of jobs in 39 categories
- How can cities best deal with rise of robot workers?
- Cam and the Selfies: A mobile data record for Panther fans