Lenovo, IBM face 'perfect storm of issues' in US server deal review
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Lenovo has already secured office space in RTP for some 2,000 IBMers who are expected to be transferred as part of then $2.3 billion deal for Big Blue's x86 server business. But Bloomberg news reports that the deal faces a "perfect storm of issues" in winning U.S. government approval. It's deja vu 2005 all over again....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts
- Will IBM cut 100,000 jobs? Even union is wary of the report
- Google's 'reserve the date' notice could mean fiber for Triangle
- Just who is driving for Uber? And why? You might be surprised
- Cree's top exec gets a curve ball to end earnings call - Might he split the company?
- There's a RIoT going on in Durham - Internet of Things, that is - tonight
- As backlash against 'shared economy' grows, is this the next 'dot com' bomb?
- Governor's 'Innovation' plan shows potential for entire state, not just RTP
- Venture investor on NC deal flow: 'Great to be back in the top 10'
- Angel investor: VC stats 'moving in the right direction for us'