Lenovo deal could spare IBMers targeted for layoffs
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The $2.3 billion deal announced Thursday in which Lenovo has agreed to acquire portions of IBM's server business may throw a work life line to workers that Big Blue reportedly was targeting for a round of layoffs. If the Lenovo deal is approved, some 7,500 IBMers would transition to a new employer. But it's "premature" to speculate, says an IBM spokesperson....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- New Raleigh Chamber CEO wants HB2 repeal, to stress eco development
- Community colleges demo their power in workforce development
- Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June
- As Oracle cuts jobs, no discussion in trash-talking earnings call