Lenovo deal could spare IBMers targeted for layoffs
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The $2.3 billion deal announced Thursday in which Lenovo has agreed to acquire portions of IBM's server business may throw a work life line to workers that Big Blue reportedly was targeting for a round of layoffs. If the Lenovo deal is approved, some 7,500 IBMers would transition to a new employer. But it's "premature" to speculate, says an IBM spokesperson....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
- Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?
- A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
- N.C. Senate committee to consider crowdfunding bill
- NCTA renames its '21 Awards,' to honor winners with 'Beacon'