Lenovo deal could spare IBMers targeted for layoffs
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The $2.3 billion deal announced Thursday in which Lenovo has agreed to acquire portions of IBM's server business may throw a work life line to workers that Big Blue reportedly was targeting for a round of layoffs. If the Lenovo deal is approved, some 7,500 IBMers would transition to a new employer. But it's "premature" to speculate, says an IBM spokesperson....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Two Toasters celebrates Inc. 5000 by paying it forward: A fundraiser for Girls Who Code
- Clinverse CEO: Pharma industry changes mean more business opportunities
- Prediction: Failure to pass crowdfunding, other economic development bills will hurt N.C.
- Inside Inc. 5000: Two Toasters' mobile apps deliver 579% growth
- Clinverse CEO: New venture funding to drive expansion, create new jobs
- Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
- Exclusive: GroundFloor isn't moving to Atlanta due to NC crowdfunding impasse
- Exclusive: In-depth survey helps ChannelAdvisor plot next ecommerce moves
- Crowdfunding, solar, job recruitment at stake in legislative impasse
- New life for crowdfunding bill: House will review Monday