Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The virus sweeping the global information technology business - "IoT" or Internet of Things - is driving up the fever within Lenovo. The world's No. 1 PC manufacturer announced a wearable "smart glasses" deal on Thursday and has created a "New Business Development" team focused on IoT opportunities. But is the company overreaching?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- House OKs new venture fund for NC with decisive vote
- Uber expanding ride-sharing to North Carolina's coast
- New state venture fund that would provide startups a cash infusion advances
- Lenovo's 'attacking' strategy: Targeting the 'social mobile Internet'
- Sources: NetApp cutting 15 percent of its work force at RTP campus
- Road risks: 70% now using social media, net while driving
- CenturyLink fast Internet service targets much of eastern NC, Triangle
- CEOs want our state, but does General Assembly want CEOs?
- AT&T, trade group take FCC fight to court in attempt to stop new rules
- 'Venom' security risk hits cloud; Red Hat warns about vulnerability