Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Despite a wealth of IPOs in 2013, numerous lucrative "exits" through mergers and acquisitions and the robust growth of investment-backed startups, one huge threat could hammer the Triangle's entrepreneurial community: The continuing lack of institutional venture capital. Statistics from Dow Jones VentureSource and PricewaterhouseCoopers tell the grim story....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Reports: Lenovo smartphone shipments, market share plummet
- Epic Games' CEO: Augmented reality is next really big thing
- Its 'pivot' made, Reveal Mobile raises $750K, looks to hire
- No bull: Durham ranks No. 9 on 'Best Cities for Creatives' list
- AT&T, CenturyLink, trade groups won't cave to FCC net regulation
- Global tablet sales falter - including Lenovo despite hiring Ashton Kutcher
- Is GSK open to a merger? 'A big issue to cross,' CEO says
- Ex-GSK employees facing layoffs at Parexel; firm won't comment
- Survey: More Triangle startups to cut spending, reduce hiring
- San Francisco firm acquires Raleigh-based social marketer Expion