Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Despite a wealth of IPOs in 2013, numerous lucrative "exits" through mergers and acquisitions and the robust growth of investment-backed startups, one huge threat could hammer the Triangle's entrepreneurial community: The continuing lack of institutional venture capital. Statistics from Dow Jones VentureSource and PricewaterhouseCoopers tell the grim story....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- RTP's Cloud Pharma tries crowdfunding for Zika, ALS research
- From wearables to drones: How RTP tech firms might save your life in 2021
- Former SAS exec Jim Davis leaves Informatica
- Long-time SAS CTO retires, in 'stealth mode' for startup
- WRAL mobile health event focus: Growing importance of mData to your health
- AT&T-Google Fiber fiber fight gets nastier in utility pole case
- PwC: MoneyTree venture capital report will continue
- National Venture Capital Association picks new provider for VC data (+ video)
- 'AirGig:' AT&T testing power grid for multi-gigabit Internet (+ video)
- NC firms winning more federal innovation, tech grants (+ video)