Just call red-hot Red Hat the 'OpenStack' company
Raleigh, N.C. — Red Hat will forever be known as the company that commercialized open source Linux, but it's quickly becoming the driver in OpenStack - or open source - for cloud computing. CEO Jim Whitehurst says in a conference call: "Yes, obviously there is substantially more interest in OpenStack, frankly than there has been in really any products since Linux."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy