Just call red-hot Red Hat the 'OpenStack' company
Raleigh, N.C. — Red Hat will forever be known as the company that commercialized open source Linux, but it's quickly becoming the driver in OpenStack - or open source - for cloud computing. CEO Jim Whitehurst says in a conference call: "Yes, obviously there is substantially more interest in OpenStack, frankly than there has been in really any products since Linux."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Full Steam Ahead Awards return; nominate your choices today
- Time Warner Cable upgrades Internet speeds in response to fiber services
- Oops! Economic survey dips for first time in two years
- AT&T: GigaPower is taking root across Raleigh, Cary
- Report shows x86 deal paying big dividends for Lenovo
- Connecticut launches formal investigation of Lenovo adware
- NC biotech startups share global spotlight in Raleigh
- Report: NC biotech sector produces $73B, responsible for 61,000 jobs
- FCC to NC on broadband law: 'That dog won't hunt'
- Lenovo vows 'cyber attack' investigation but won't discuss all damage hackers did