Just call NC State the 'Innovation University'
Raleigh, N.C. — Jim Goodnight of SAS steals the laughs at a forum hosted at NCSU. But State Chancellor Randy Woodson makes a strong case to support the slogan: "Innovation: This Is Our Work." "America's research universities are hubs of innovation," Woodson says. "We are in a time that is challenging, but also brimming with opportunity. Now more than ever we need to continue our investments in innovation and discovery."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Veteran lawyer: Venture capital 'becoming increasingly irrelevant'
- How to grow a gigabit ecosystem - The Wilson story: A WRAL TechWire event
- A downer: NC's $100M per quarter in VC deals ends
- Triangle fiber wars intensify: Lightower expands Raleigh network
- NC venture deals dip below $100M in CB Insights report
- Analyst on PC wars: Don't underestimate Lenovo or overestimate HP
- Interim Research Triangle CEO's goal: Make sure Park 'does not miss a beat'
- As Fujitsu acquisition talk swirls, Lenovo keeps faith in PCs
- Lenovo still No. 1 in PCs - barely - thanks to US growth
- AT&T, Verizon top US 'investment heroes' list; Duke Energy is No. 10