Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — If Lenovo has a "parent" in its rise as a global technology powerhouse, it's IBM. After all, Big Blue's sale of its PC division to Lenovo in 2005 took the China-born company international. Now, Lenovo is trying to buy IBM's x86 server business and Google's Motorola Mobility to accelerate growth in servers and smartphones. So what does IBM do as Lenovo grows as a threat to Apple? The Skinny talks with an analyst about IBM's big deal with Apple. Is it a slap in the face to Lenovo? By the way, BlackBerry already is caught up in fallout from the deal....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Meet the 'born multi-tasker' bringing Startup Grind to Raleigh
- House won't 'concur' on bill with crowdfunding, but ...
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report