Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — If Lenovo has a "parent" in its rise as a global technology powerhouse, it's IBM. After all, Big Blue's sale of its PC division to Lenovo in 2005 took the China-born company international. Now, Lenovo is trying to buy IBM's x86 server business and Google's Motorola Mobility to accelerate growth in servers and smartphones. So what does IBM do as Lenovo grows as a threat to Apple? The Skinny talks with an analyst about IBM's big deal with Apple. Is it a slap in the face to Lenovo? By the way, BlackBerry already is caught up in fallout from the deal....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Study: Texting strangers cuts need for pain relief in surgery
- Missouri suspends incentives in IBM jobs dispute; lesson for NC?
- NetSuite exec: Look for many new jobs in Durham after $200M Bronto buy
- Lenovo recalls 166,000 ThinkPad battery packs due to fire hazard
- Finalists in 'Full Steam Ahead Awards:' Competition is hot
- The closing of Raleigh's last B&B and the failure of government
- CEO: Marketing puts some sizzle in the Cree brand
- IBM, SAS top 'Magic Quadrant'in multichannel campaign management report
- IBM tells McCrory it opposes NC Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- NC's venture industry reports best first quarter in 8 years