Investor: Digitalsmiths CEO has secret sauce in 'working a room' - even in tough cable industry
Raleigh, N.C. — Ben Weinberger recently sold Durham-based Digitalsmiths for $135 million, and venture capitalist Wright Steenrod wasn't surprised. The partner at Chrysalis Ventures says he knew he had a winner when making due diligence calls about Weinberger before investing. "Nobody ever had a bad word to say about him - nobody," Steenrod says. And in the cable TV industry, he points out, "nobody likes nobody." Read on, WRALTechWire Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Fresh off raising $49M for Arrivo, biotech teammates 'energized'
- Exclusive: Development execs explain how Raleigh won Silicon Valley firm's expansion, jobs
- New digital news competitor for RTP: Crain's
- Closing books on 2015: $1.25B in NC capital + A tip of the cap to CED
- Report: Startup capital funding off to slower start in '16
- 'Wow:' Quintiles takes vivid VR plunge to improve digital health
- Cisco tells NC employees: 'Extremely disappointed' in HB2
- Layoffs hit IBM in Triangle; Big Blue confirms cuts but says it has 25k open jobs
- Triangle plans for growth despite a big elephant (HB2) in the room
- Joe DeSimone's thrilling day: 'Wow. Humbling'