Investor: Digitalsmiths CEO has secret sauce in 'working a room' - even in tough cable industry
Raleigh, N.C. — Ben Weinberger recently sold Durham-based Digitalsmiths for $135 million, and venture capitalist Wright Steenrod wasn't surprised. The partner at Chrysalis Ventures says he knew he had a winner when making due diligence calls about Weinberger before investing. "Nobody ever had a bad word to say about him - nobody," Steenrod says. And in the cable TV industry, he points out, "nobody likes nobody." Read on, WRALTechWire Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Races are on: Hundreds already voting in 'Full Steam Ahead Awards'
- Ultra-fast Internet network coming first to Raleigh community center
- Red Hat sizzles: Stock soars to 2nd highest all-time price
- Will new NC crowdfunding bill ('Paces') bring clarity, win passage?
- WTW's 'Full Steam Ahead Award' field is set; cast your vote today
- Red Hat earnings: Another surprise or will strong dollar wreak havoc?
- Internet providers file lawsuits against FCC 'net neutrality' rules
- RDU's wireless access plunges in latest report on performance
- After 7-year run, NCTA pults hold on high-tech jobs report
- Despite Bill Gates' warning, will world prepare for the next Ebola?