Investor: Digitalsmiths CEO has secret sauce in 'working a room' - even in tough cable industry
Raleigh, N.C. — Ben Weinberger recently sold Durham-based Digitalsmiths for $135 million, and venture capitalist Wright Steenrod wasn't surprised. The partner at Chrysalis Ventures says he knew he had a winner when making due diligence calls about Weinberger before investing. "Nobody ever had a bad word to say about him - nobody," Steenrod says. And in the cable TV industry, he points out, "nobody likes nobody." Read on, WRALTechWire Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts
- Will IBM cut 100,000 jobs? Even union is wary of the report
- Google's 'reserve the date' notice could mean fiber for Triangle
- Just who is driving for Uber? And why? You might be surprised
- Cree's top exec gets a curve ball to end earnings call - Might he split the company?
- There's a RIoT going on in Durham - Internet of Things, that is - tonight
- As backlash against 'shared economy' grows, is this the next 'dot com' bomb?
- Governor's 'Innovation' plan shows potential for entire state, not just RTP
- Venture investor on NC deal flow: 'Great to be back in the top 10'
- Angel investor: VC stats 'moving in the right direction for us'