Investor: Digitalsmiths CEO has secret sauce in 'working a room' - even in tough cable industry
Raleigh, N.C. — Ben Weinberger recently sold Durham-based Digitalsmiths for $135 million, and venture capitalist Wright Steenrod wasn't surprised. The partner at Chrysalis Ventures says he knew he had a winner when making due diligence calls about Weinberger before investing. "Nobody ever had a bad word to say about him - nobody," Steenrod says. And in the cable TV industry, he points out, "nobody likes nobody." Read on, WRALTechWire Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Report: NC equity funding drops $400M in '16 yet reach grows
- Despite big changes, Google Fiber says it's 'here to stay in Triangle'
- Duke inventors' kitchen safety recipe: Internet of Things stove control, app raises $175K
- A witness to amazing RDU growth: Jammed LA-to-RDU Sunday night flight
- IBM's top exec defends Trump role in letter to employees
- Inside Offline's big deal with McClatchy: What's next for Raleigh startup, how deal was made
- Startup Offline Media lands McClatchy as investor
- John Kane's vision for Research Triangle Regional Partnership: Marketing, branding
- RIoT group spreading wings with events beyond NC
- Google Fiber expands to North Hills, opening service center in Raleigh