Investor: Digitalsmiths CEO has secret sauce in 'working a room' - even in tough cable industry
Raleigh, N.C. — Ben Weinberger recently sold Durham-based Digitalsmiths for $135 million, and venture capitalist Wright Steenrod wasn't surprised. The partner at Chrysalis Ventures says he knew he had a winner when making due diligence calls about Weinberger before investing. "Nobody ever had a bad word to say about him - nobody," Steenrod says. And in the cable TV industry, he points out, "nobody likes nobody." Read on, WRALTechWire Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world
- Why 'skills gap' trainer General Assembly is coming to RTP - and how it differs from competitors
- RTP Foundation expanding Frontier business space
- Generation app gap: Millennials' tech embrace dwarfs boomers, Xers
- Lenovo expands RTP sales force as North America market grows
- Analyst: Lenovo's errors trigger plunging smartphone sales
- Sources: Google Fiber still burying cable across Triangle
- Gung-ho attitude lands Marine vet as first CED Tech Venture profile - Don't miss your chance
- Google Fiber: Network 'one of biggest infrastructure projects ever undertaken' in RTP