Inside WRAL.com's redesign: Delivering 'device-optimized content'
Raleigh, N.C. — So what's it like to redesign from bottom to top one of the nation's most popular regional news portals? How does a website today need to be built today to deal with more mobile users relying on an increasing number of device types and meeting demand for faster response? Jason Priebe, who heads technology development for Capitol Broadcasting's New Media Group, talks about the redesign of WRAL.com, which launched on Wednesday. The award-winning site has been remodeled to improve navigation, support higher-quality video and photographs, and is designed to operate more easily across multiple devices from smartphones to desktop computers....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- LaunchRaleigh: A new program to boost Southeast Raleigh entrepreneurs
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016