Inside WRAL.com's redesign: Delivering 'device-optimized content'
Raleigh, N.C. — So what's it like to redesign from bottom to top one of the nation's most popular regional news portals? How does a website today need to be built today to deal with more mobile users relying on an increasing number of device types and meeting demand for faster response? Jason Priebe, who heads technology development for Capitol Broadcasting's New Media Group, talks about the redesign of WRAL.com, which launched on Wednesday. The award-winning site has been remodeled to improve navigation, support higher-quality video and photographs, and is designed to operate more easily across multiple devices from smartphones to desktop computers....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- HP takes lead in sever market as IBM-Lenovo deal waits for approval
- Rock this way: Gamers love EDM, so Tilt Music Festival goes electronic
- Startup Factory's warning to Triangle: 'Bar keeps getting higher' for funding
- Two Toasters celebrates Inc. 5000 by paying it forward: A fundraiser for Girls Who Code
- Clinverse CEO: Pharma industry changes mean more business opportunities
- Prediction: Failure to pass crowdfunding, other economic development bills will hurt N.C.
- Inside Inc. 5000: Two Toasters' mobile apps deliver 579% growth
- Clinverse CEO: New venture funding to drive expansion, create new jobs
- Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
- Exclusive: GroundFloor isn't moving to Atlanta due to NC crowdfunding impasse