Inside WRAL.com's redesign: Delivering 'device-optimized content'
Raleigh, N.C. — So what's it like to redesign from bottom to top one of the nation's most popular regional news portals? How does a website today need to be built today to deal with more mobile users relying on an increasing number of device types and meeting demand for faster response? Jason Priebe, who heads technology development for Capitol Broadcasting's New Media Group, talks about the redesign of WRAL.com, which launched on Wednesday. The award-winning site has been remodeled to improve navigation, support higher-quality video and photographs, and is designed to operate more easily across multiple devices from smartphones to desktop computers....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- New NC IDEA leader: Change to foundation offers many benefits
- Jobless future? NC Science and Math robotics team remains gung ho
- How can workers avoid becoming obsolete? A Q&A with Dr. Mike Walden
- Raleigh forum's focus: How can NC deal with threat of jobless future?
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz
- Amazon launches one-hour delivery service in Raleigh
- Frontier: 'We applaud' ConnectHome net plan, touts own efforts
- AT&T applauds Google Fiber's 'free' offer to community centers, notes its own efforts to bridge 'digital divide'
- Google Fiber promises free ultra-fast Internet access to public housing