Inside WRAL.com's redesign: Delivering 'device-optimized content'
Raleigh, N.C. — So what's it like to redesign from bottom to top one of the nation's most popular regional news portals? How does a website today need to be built today to deal with more mobile users relying on an increasing number of device types and meeting demand for faster response? Jason Priebe, who heads technology development for Capitol Broadcasting's New Media Group, talks about the redesign of WRAL.com, which launched on Wednesday. The award-winning site has been remodeled to improve navigation, support higher-quality video and photographs, and is designed to operate more easily across multiple devices from smartphones to desktop computers....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target