Inside WRAL.com's redesign: Delivering 'device-optimized content'
Raleigh, N.C. — So what's it like to redesign from bottom to top one of the nation's most popular regional news portals? How does a website today need to be built today to deal with more mobile users relying on an increasing number of device types and meeting demand for faster response? Jason Priebe, who heads technology development for Capitol Broadcasting's New Media Group, talks about the redesign of WRAL.com, which launched on Wednesday. The award-winning site has been remodeled to improve navigation, support higher-quality video and photographs, and is designed to operate more easily across multiple devices from smartphones to desktop computers....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world
- Why 'skills gap' trainer General Assembly is coming to RTP - and how it differs from competitors
- RTP Foundation expanding Frontier business space
- Generation app gap: Millennials' tech embrace dwarfs boomers, Xers
- Lenovo expands RTP sales force as North America market grows
- Analyst: Lenovo's errors trigger plunging smartphone sales
- Sources: Google Fiber still burying cable across Triangle
- Gung-ho attitude lands Marine vet as first CED Tech Venture profile - Don't miss your chance
- Google Fiber: Network 'one of biggest infrastructure projects ever undertaken' in RTP