Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution
Durham, N.C. — When Jud Bowman decided to further ramp up his global expansion efforts at Appia, the veteran entrepreneur chose to do so by raising another round of debt financing rather than sell some equity. Bowman says he wants to avoid getting "really diluted." With the new funding, he plans additional hiring as Appia expands locally and internationally....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation