In shots at Google Fiber, AT&T touts fiber growth, says it reaches 150K Triangle locations
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Shortly after Google Fiber announced a pause in its network expansion as well as layoffs and a change in CEO, AT&T responds with a blog post and information that takes thinly disguised shots at its rival. Plus, AT&T boasts how far and fast its network has grown in the Triangle and elsewhere. This is the latest in flame wars between the two companies who have feuded quite bluntly in recent months....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Dr. James Goodnight: From moment of inspiration to building SAS, a global software powerhouse
- With all tickets gone, TechWire Awards to be streamed live at WRAL.com
- As Scot Wingo's new gig Spiffy lands extra $2.5M, he 'loves' being back with a startup
- Dr. Charles Hamner: A creator of NC's life science industry
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success
- Why Red Hat's new CFO left IBM - and what he likes better
- Eric Shander's journey: From IBM to Red Hat, chief accounting officer to CFO
- Datathon at Duke offers big talent recruiting opportunity, says former Red Hat exec
- 'Life is more than self'- The driver for 2017 WRAL TechWire awards
- SEC's big 'fake news' crackdown shows a major threat to readers, investors