If not for Canadian government, Lenovo might have bought Blackberry
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Where there was smoke there really was fire last year when rumors circulated that Lenovo was going to buy BlackBerry. The deal never happened. CBC News reports why. Then Lenovo bought Motorola Mobility for $2.8 billion. Wow. How different Lenovo's future could look today ......
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- IBM aims to drive Macs into businesses with new service
- Startup warning sign? Silicon Valley VC confidence falls to 2-year-low
- Video: IBM may dump Lenovo's ThinkPads for MacBooks
- Reports: Lenovo smartphone shipments, market share plummet
- Epic Games' CEO: Augmented reality is next really big thing
- Its 'pivot' made, Reveal Mobile raises $750K, looks to hire
- No bull: Durham ranks No. 9 on 'Best Cities for Creatives' list
- AT&T, CenturyLink, trade groups won't cave to FCC net regulation
- Global tablet sales falter - including Lenovo despite hiring Ashton Kutcher
- Is GSK open to a merger? 'A big issue to cross,' CEO says