IBM's job cuts are global, nearing 4,000; most are in U.S.
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Big Blue's $1 billion "rebalancing" of its work force is taking a toll on jobs in many countries, especially in Europe. But confirmed reductions so far have taken place in U.S. and Canada, union sources say....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Report: Pentagon warns against use of Lenovo gear, citing cybersecurity, China
- Inside Charlotte's startup scene: Surging - but with growing pains
- Veteran lawyer: Venture capital 'becoming increasingly irrelevant'
- How to grow a gigabit ecosystem - The Wilson story: A WRAL TechWire event
- A downer: NC's $100M per quarter in VC deals ends
- Triangle fiber wars intensify: Lightower expands Raleigh network
- NC venture deals dip below $100M in CB Insights report
- Analyst on PC wars: Don't underestimate Lenovo or overestimate HP
- Interim Research Triangle CEO's goal: Make sure Park 'does not miss a beat'
- As Fujitsu acquisition talk swirls, Lenovo keeps faith in PCs