IBM's job cuts are global, nearing 4,000; most are in U.S.
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Big Blue's $1 billion "rebalancing" of its work force is taking a toll on jobs in many countries, especially in Europe. But confirmed reductions so far have taken place in U.S. and Canada, union sources say....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- The AI future: Utopian or dystopian ... that is the question
- RTP's Cloud Pharma tries crowdfunding for Zika, ALS research
- From wearables to drones: How RTP tech firms might save your life in 2021
- Former SAS exec Jim Davis leaves Informatica
- Long-time SAS CTO retires, in 'stealth mode' for startup
- WRAL mobile health event focus: Growing importance of mData to your health
- AT&T-Google Fiber fiber fight gets nastier in utility pole case
- PwC: MoneyTree venture capital report will continue
- National Venture Capital Association picks new provider for VC data (+ video)
- 'AirGig:' AT&T testing power grid for multi-gigabit Internet (+ video)