IBM's job cuts are global, nearing 4,000; most are in U.S.
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Big Blue's $1 billion "rebalancing" of its work force is taking a toll on jobs in many countries, especially in Europe. But confirmed reductions so far have taken place in U.S. and Canada, union sources say....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Durham hologram startup adds sign language capability
- Verizon: Network upgrade doubles download speeds in RTP, US
- What a RIoT! Fast-growing IoT group hires exec director, changes name. broadens agenda
- Source: Google still investing heavily in fiber despite job cuts report
- CED Tech Venture lineup draws 50+ investment funds to Raleigh
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world
- Why 'skills gap' trainer General Assembly is coming to RTP - and how it differs from competitors
- RTP Foundation expanding Frontier business space
- Generation app gap: Millennials' tech embrace dwarfs boomers, Xers