Third round of layoffs hit IBM in 8 months, including RTP
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — IBMers are lighting up a Facebook page with reports across the country about a new round of layoffs. IBM's campus in RTP is taking a hit. It's the third cut in jobs so far this year. To add insult to billfold pain, the IBMers have been told their last day at work will be in November, which means they miss out on IBM's 401K contribution this year. IBM confirms that layoffs are underway....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy