Third round of layoffs hit IBM in 8 months, including RTP
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — IBMers are lighting up a Facebook page with reports across the country about a new round of layoffs. IBM's campus in RTP is taking a hit. It's the third cut in jobs so far this year. To add insult to billfold pain, the IBMers have been told their last day at work will be in November, which means they miss out on IBM's 401K contribution this year. IBM confirms that layoffs are underway....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Cindy Whitehead will keynote WRAL TechWire Awards
- New Raleigh Chamber CEO wants HB2 repeal, to stress eco development
- Community colleges demo their power in workforce development
- Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June