Big Blue's layoff total climbs in RTP; North America total surges past 2,800
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — "Just when I thought I missed the cuts got the call first thing this morning. Mixed feelings. I love my job and my IBM team members but have to look at this now as an opportunity to leave this toxic environment," says IBMer in RTP. As reports continue to be sent to the union seeking to represent IBM workers, the total layoffs set across North Carolina climbs past 2,800. WRALTechWire Insiders get the latest update....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Report: NC equity funding drops $400M in '16 yet reach grows
- Despite big changes, Google Fiber says it's 'here to stay in Triangle'
- Duke inventors' kitchen safety recipe: Internet of Things stove control, app raises $175K
- A witness to amazing RDU growth: Jammed LA-to-RDU Sunday night flight
- IBM's top exec defends Trump role in letter to employees
- Inside Offline's big deal with McClatchy: What's next for Raleigh startup, how deal was made
- Startup Offline Media lands McClatchy as investor
- John Kane's vision for Research Triangle Regional Partnership: Marketing, branding
- RIoT group spreading wings with events beyond NC
- Google Fiber expands to North Hills, opening service center in Raleigh