Big Blue's layoff total climbs in RTP; North America total surges past 2,800
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — "Just when I thought I missed the cuts got the call first thing this morning. Mixed feelings. I love my job and my IBM team members but have to look at this now as an opportunity to leave this toxic environment," says IBMer in RTP. As reports continue to be sent to the union seeking to represent IBM workers, the total layoffs set across North Carolina climbs past 2,800. WRALTechWire Insiders get the latest update....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- House OKs new venture fund for NC with decisive vote
- Uber expanding ride-sharing to North Carolina's coast
- New state venture fund that would provide startups a cash infusion advances
- Lenovo's 'attacking' strategy: Targeting the 'social mobile Internet'
- Sources: NetApp cutting 15 percent of its work force at RTP campus
- Road risks: 70% now using social media, net while driving
- CenturyLink fast Internet service targets much of eastern NC, Triangle
- CEOs want our state, but does General Assembly want CEOs?
- AT&T, trade group take FCC fight to court in attempt to stop new rules
- 'Venom' security risk hits cloud; Red Hat warns about vulnerability