Big Blue's layoff total climbs in RTP; North America total surges past 2,800
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — "Just when I thought I missed the cuts got the call first thing this morning. Mixed feelings. I love my job and my IBM team members but have to look at this now as an opportunity to leave this toxic environment," says IBMer in RTP. As reports continue to be sent to the union seeking to represent IBM workers, the total layoffs set across North Carolina climbs past 2,800. WRALTechWire Insiders get the latest update....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Internet of Things is already helping save lives - including mine
- Red Hat's leaders, a chance to have impact, fun lure new CFO from Valley
- Duke survey: Jobs go unfilled because execs can't find qualified workers
- Beef up those sigs: New Research Triangle Software app adds photo, logo to texts
- Channel marketing, B2B sales and the rise of RTP's Zift Solutions
- Who's best presidential contender for business? Trump, say CFOs in Duke survey
- SAS to add 80 acres worth $11.7M to Cary campus in 'exchange' with NC State
- Full speed ahead at Medfusion despite it's David-vs-Goliath fight with Allscripts
- Exclusive: Why Silicon Valley's IXL is bringing ed tech jobs to Raleigh
- Red-hot August for Triangle startups: More than $65 million