Big Blue's layoff total climbs in RTP; North America total surges past 2,800
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — "Just when I thought I missed the cuts got the call first thing this morning. Mixed feelings. I love my job and my IBM team members but have to look at this now as an opportunity to leave this toxic environment," says IBMer in RTP. As reports continue to be sent to the union seeking to represent IBM workers, the total layoffs set across North Carolina climbs past 2,800. WRALTechWire Insiders get the latest update....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Entrepreneurs vs. regulation: The Uber debate
- Mojo from Motorola: Lenovo's new branding challenge
- Uber: No retreat in dispute with RDU on drivers
- New stats: Lenovo would be No. 3 if Motorola deal had closed before IDC released its latest stats
- Triangle entrepreneur survey finds mix of optimism and worry
- Frontier rolling out gigabit Internet in several Durham, RTP locations
- A new 'Frontier' in speed: Gigabit Internet hits Triangle
- Massive SAS building, more jobs reflect Goodnight's enduring loyalty to home state
- Exclusive: Fresh off academic triple crown, DeSimone focuses on new startup
- Rank-and-file IBMers pay the price as Big Blue's reboot accelerates