Layoffs coming? IBM plans $1B in 'workforce rebalancing'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — After an earnings report that missed analysts' expectations for the first time since 2005, IBM's CFO says the tech giant anticipates in $1 billion in costs for "workforce rebalancing." Most of that expense will come over the next two months. The cost-cutting could mean big layoffs, but affected workers are likely to get chances to apply for other positions....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- House OKs new venture fund for NC with decisive vote
- Uber expanding ride-sharing to North Carolina's coast
- New state venture fund that would provide startups a cash infusion advances
- Lenovo's 'attacking' strategy: Targeting the 'social mobile Internet'
- Sources: NetApp cutting 15 percent of its work force at RTP campus
- Road risks: 70% now using social media, net while driving
- CenturyLink fast Internet service targets much of eastern NC, Triangle
- CEOs want our state, but does General Assembly want CEOs?
- AT&T, trade group take FCC fight to court in attempt to stop new rules
- 'Venom' security risk hits cloud; Red Hat warns about vulnerability