Layoffs coming? IBM plans $1B in 'workforce rebalancing'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — After an earnings report that missed analysts' expectations for the first time since 2005, IBM's CFO says the tech giant anticipates in $1 billion in costs for "workforce rebalancing." Most of that expense will come over the next two months. The cost-cutting could mean big layoffs, but affected workers are likely to get chances to apply for other positions....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
- Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?