Layoffs coming? IBM plans $1B in 'workforce rebalancing'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — After an earnings report that missed analysts' expectations for the first time since 2005, IBM's CFO says the tech giant anticipates in $1 billion in costs for "workforce rebalancing." Most of that expense will come over the next two months. The cost-cutting could mean big layoffs, but affected workers are likely to get chances to apply for other positions....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Report spells out strategy for how NC can cash in on 'data economy'
- Report: NC equity funding drops $400M in '16 yet reach grows
- Despite big changes, Google Fiber says it's 'here to stay in Triangle'
- Duke inventors' kitchen safety recipe: Internet of Things stove control, app raises $175K
- A witness to amazing RDU growth: Jammed LA-to-RDU Sunday night flight
- IBM's top exec defends Trump role in letter to employees
- Inside Offline's big deal with McClatchy: What's next for Raleigh startup, how deal was made
- Startup Offline Media lands McClatchy as investor
- John Kane's vision for Research Triangle Regional Partnership: Marketing, branding
- RIoT group spreading wings with events beyond NC