Layoffs coming? IBM plans $1B in 'workforce rebalancing'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — After an earnings report that missed analysts' expectations for the first time since 2005, IBM's CFO says the tech giant anticipates in $1 billion in costs for "workforce rebalancing." Most of that expense will come over the next two months. The cost-cutting could mean big layoffs, but affected workers are likely to get chances to apply for other positions....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Meet the 'born multi-tasker' bringing Startup Grind to Raleigh
- House won't 'concur' on bill with crowdfunding, but ...
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report