IBM is taking names for layoffs as part of 'Project Apollo,' workers say
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — A new round of job cuts is coming at Big Blue, and insiders say executives at the Systems and Technology Group must turn in layoff candidates by Jan. 24. The so-called hardware group has been hammered by declining sales, and the new round of cuts is being called "Project Apollo."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- IBM, SAS top 'Magic Quadrant'in multichannel campaign management report
- IBM tells McCrory it opposes NC Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- NC's venture industry reports best first quarter in 8 years
- Report: Venture funding surges in NC thanks to life science deals
- Job growth study: Raleigh No. 2 in tech, No. 1 in STEM
- As FCC chair defends 'net neutrality,' AT&T, trade groups sue
- Red Hat CEO speaks out against 'divisive' rights legislation
- As revenues climb, Lenovo brings thousands to Triangle for kickoff
- Charlotte organizations expand entrepreneurship survey
- Red Hat's CEO turns author with 'The Open Organization'