IBM begins job cuts in RTP, across US, Canada, workers report
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Triangle is among first to report "resource action." A $1 billion "rebalancing" of Big Blue's work force that CFO Mark Loughridge promised back in April is underway, according to reports being sent to Alliance at IBM, the union seeking to represent IBM employees....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- The Startup Factory takes its first step toward going statewide
- State to add 105,000 jobs this year, jobless rate to fall says NCSU economist
- A nearly $2B IPO adds to legacy of Lenovo's founder
- Remembering Triangle's first 'disruptors' from 2007 - and warnings still relevant today
- Is your firm headed into a 'Digital Vortex" or sending competitors into a spiral of destruction?
- Mobile apps showdown: Red Hat-Samsung vs. Apple-IBM
- Exclusive: Google Fiber ready for Triangle competition, top exec says
- Google Fiber is here: Construction begins across Triangle
- In the name of hype, Lenovo launches a 'Killer' campaign
- Red Hat pays hefty price for new CFO: $4M signing bonus, $9M in stock, $500,000 to move