High Five conference: Are you a marketing hero or a zero? But 'zero' isn't bad ...
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Author and agency founder Joseph Jaffe challenges marketers attending the Triangle American Marketing Association "High Five" conference to be a "zero" when it comes to doing their jobs. But ZERO is an acronym for good qualities, not bad.
The conference opened Wednesday and concludes today at the Sheraton Raleigh hotel.
Blogger Gene Pinderin says Jaffee spelled out a new model for customer engagement.
Z.E.R.O stands for:
Z – Zealots. Jaffe said that a company’s customers need to be zealots for its products and services
E – Entrepreneurship. Marketing was going to have to be more entrepreneurial and take risks that reap greater rewards
R – Retention. A renewed focus on customer service
O – Owned Assets. Jaffe said that an asset without excess is meaningless.
- Closing keynote: Jeni Herberger
Topic: Breaking Down Barriers and Bringing Ideas to Life
She is founder of The Fulcrum Agency, Featured speaker for AIGA, AMA, AdClub, RGD and HOW Design Conference.
Wjen: Thursday, 4-5 p.m.
Earlier speakers, including Jaffe, and their topics:
- Joseph Jaffe
Topic: Z.E.R.O. - Zero Paid Media as the New Marketing Model
He is founder of Evol8tion, Author of Life After The 30-Second Spot
- Lane Becker
Topic: Make Your Own Luck: Planned Serendipity in Life and Business
He is co-founder of Get Satisfaction and Adaptive Path, Author of New York Times bestseller Get Lucky
- Rohit Bhargava
Topic: 15 Non-Obvious Trends Changing Marketing and Creative In 2014
He is author of Likeonomics, CEO & Founder of the Influential Marketing Group
- Spike Jones
Topic: Word of Mouth: The Greatest Creative Asset You're Not Leveraging
He is co-author of Brains on Fire, SVP & Managing Director, Southwest, Edelman Digital
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- No Ashton Kutcher smartphone, Lenovo says
- Checking in on 'tattooed guy' with SXSW-bound Raleigh team
- Sneak peek: Stylish HQRaleigh on eve of move-in day
- Raleigh mayor heads to Austin to recruit entrepreneurs, businesses
- Reports: Strike against IBM-Lenovo deal continues in China
- RTP misses out on $100M Cisco 'Internet of Everything' center
- IBM job protests in China don't generate sympathy in US
- Leadership lessons from the Red Hat tower: CEO stresses r-e-s-p-e-c-t
- Inside Lookout Capital's biggest deal: Why pick Wright Foods?
- Lenovo rips Ellen's Oscar selfie with a critical tweet, 'pic'