Health IT rankings include several companies with N.C. ties
Raleigh, N.C. —
Healthcare Informatics magazine ranks the companies each year and this year, the top spot is occupied by Georgia company McKesson Technology Solutions, which had $3.4 billion in health care analytics revenue, according to the ranking.
The top company with Triangle ties is electronic medical records company AllScripts, which is based in Chicago but has a large presence in Raleigh. AllScripts’ $1.4 billion in revenue placed the company at no. 9, the same spot as last year.
EMC, headquartered in Massachusetts with a large presence in Research Triangle Park, is ranked at 13, up from 15 last year.IBM is at 25, down from 24. NetApp is steady at 32. SAS ranked 34, down one spot from last year. Greensboro-based Intellect Resources placed no. 98 in the rankings.
Most of corporate revenue figures are self-reported. Healthcare Informatics editors also worked with Atlanta-based Porter Research and San Francisco-based ST Advisors for additional research and analysis. In some cases, the ranking was based on analyst estimates. The full ranking can be seen here.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution