Health care payments firm PatientPay integrates software with leading vendor
Durham, N.C. —
Durham-based PatientPay said it was able to integrate its software with e-MDs because of a connector it co-developed with another company, Tangible Solutions. The integration eliminates paper-based billing and makes payment an automated, online process.
PatientPay has developed a web-based service that allows doctors and patients to manage bills. The company was founded in 2008 and launched its service in 2011. PatientPay says that its software can reduce the costs and the paper associated with other payment systems. The company has three patents on its technology.
PatientPay’s software can combine with practice management software already in use in physician offices. The company serves more than 30,000 physicians in its network of practice management software partners.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution
- Can Barley's bark win Super Bowl gold for Durham startup?
- Tech guru Mossberg changes gears, praises Republic Wireless
- Survey explodes myth of the poor VC-backed entrepreneur
- Analyze this: SAS steps up education commitment with Teradata deal