HCL, NC New Schools form STEM education program
Cary, N.C. —
NC New Schools is a public-private partnership that supports innovation in education. HCL will design an online technology hub which will serve as a central gathering place for featured content and discussion between students and educators. NC New Schools will leverage HCL’s services to create content and manage the collaborative online community that will offer schools access to tools and resources. NC New Schools will move approximately 3,000 NC New Schools’ intranet users to the new technology hub.
“A new technology-driven economy is emerging in North Carolina, one that demands workers with skills tailored for the 21st century,” Tony Habit President of NC New Schools said in a statement. “Partnering with world-class organizations like HCL significantly strengthens our ability to reach beyond the classroom and provide students with the real-world learning and career-related experiences that prepares them for post-secondary success.”
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution