Google Fiber could help make NC the first 'gigastate'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — If Google Fiber were to pick the Research Triangle and Charlotte, the high-speed connectivity across the state would take quantum leaps. Don't forget the NC Next Generation Network is under development, MCNC's NCREN has a state-wide fiber backbone, and Time Warner Cable has Duke Net's highway. More projects might be coming - say from some giant like AT&T. Mix all these networks and you have the first "gigastate."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Inside AgTech Accelerator: Much more than $$$ for startups
- Exclusive: AgTech Accelerator CEO spells out mission, offerings to startups, and why it's needed
- Countering downgrades, S&P gives Quintiles a post-merger boost
- 'Look, look:' Mira carries Triangle hopes to Google Demo Day
- Analyst: Q-IMS merger could trigger more deals; why Street doesn't like Q deal
- CEOs' meeting leads to huge $17.6B Quintiles-IMS merger
- Meet Carolyn Sparano, a Bronto vet, now its GM
- Joe Colopy's last Bronto roar: What's next for one of Triangle's best known entrepreneurs?
- Chaz Felix: Why he left Bronto, what's next, and will he work with Joe Colopy again?
- Capital funders for Triangle startups top $60M in April