Google Fiber could help make NC the first 'gigastate'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — If Google Fiber were to pick the Research Triangle and Charlotte, the high-speed connectivity across the state would take quantum leaps. Don't forget the NC Next Generation Network is under development, MCNC's NCREN has a state-wide fiber backbone, and Time Warner Cable has Duke Net's highway. More projects might be coming - say from some giant like AT&T. Mix all these networks and you have the first "gigastate."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- CED Life Science Conference to showcase Triangle's remarkable success story
- Exits of Plastina, Lipson are good news for Triangle - Here's why
- Study: 'Tasty' cannabis edibles need better labels for safety
- Report spells out strategy for how NC can cash in on 'data economy'
- Report: NC equity funding drops $400M in '16 yet reach grows
- Despite big changes, Google Fiber says it's 'here to stay in Triangle'
- Duke inventors' kitchen safety recipe: Internet of Things stove control, app raises $175K
- A witness to amazing RDU growth: Jammed LA-to-RDU Sunday night flight
- IBM's top exec defends Trump role in letter to employees
- Inside Offline's big deal with McClatchy: What's next for Raleigh startup, how deal was made