Google Fiber could help make NC the first 'gigastate'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — If Google Fiber were to pick the Research Triangle and Charlotte, the high-speed connectivity across the state would take quantum leaps. Don't forget the NC Next Generation Network is under development, MCNC's NCREN has a state-wide fiber backbone, and Time Warner Cable has Duke Net's highway. More projects might be coming - say from some giant like AT&T. Mix all these networks and you have the first "gigastate."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Tech links: Cisco UK layoffs; Cisco security bug; Google blockchain; IBM, Cisco mulling Imperva; AT&T fine; GSK arthritis drug
- RTP headlines: Biologics layoffs; Matthew Coppedge's new gig; Justin Miller's new taco carts; 'solar trees;' Startup factory lessons
- Novan's smashing debut: Durham pharmaceutical firm's stock soars 65%
- AT&T-Google Fiber fiber fight gets nastier in utility pole case
- mHealth event stresses mobile data's growing importance to your well being
- PwC: MoneyTree venture capital report will continue
- National Venture Capital Association picks new provider for VC data (+ video)
- 'AirGig:' AT&T testing power grid for multi-gigabit Internet (+ video)
- NC firms winning more federal innovation, tech grants (+ video)
- How can companies drive diversity? 10 lessons from PwC
- RTP CEO 'cheering' for Park but won't say why he's leaving
- Triangle Foundation to discuss next steps in wake of CEO's departure
- 3 RTP startups among 12 chosen for Black Founders Exchange