Google Fiber could help make NC the first 'gigastate'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — If Google Fiber were to pick the Research Triangle and Charlotte, the high-speed connectivity across the state would take quantum leaps. Don't forget the NC Next Generation Network is under development, MCNC's NCREN has a state-wide fiber backbone, and Time Warner Cable has Duke Net's highway. More projects might be coming - say from some giant like AT&T. Mix all these networks and you have the first "gigastate."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Obama's immigration moves don't satisfy tech sector, entrepreneurs
- FCC: 'Big dogs' will sue any new net neutrality rules
- Forbes: Wilmington, Raleigh, Asheville, Durham-CH are 'smart' cities
- Consumer Reports: Republic Wireless is top prepaid provider
- AT&T topples Verizon in latest Raleigh wireless tests
- Reality check: Next Glass goes live with wine, beer app
- Survey shows corporate progress in embracing LGBT equality
- Raleigh digital marketing agency hiring up to 30 after acquisition
- Appia's CEO plans to 'stay engaged' as $100M deal unfolds
- More help wanted: High-tech job openings across NC surge 6%