From our archives: The Fred Eshelman saga includes one-person startup at PPD to Wilmington's Walk of Fame and now a $1.1B sale of Furiex
Looking back at Fred Eshelman's career: A 2009 blog post recapped a tumultuous year for Eshelman and PPD in which the company's stock was hammered and he stepped down as CEO to become executive chairman. But the year was capped with a salute. From there, Eshelman has continued to make headlines....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz
- Amazon launches one-hour delivery service in Raleigh
- Frontier: 'We applaud' ConnectHome net plan, touts own efforts
- AT&T applauds Google Fiber's 'free' offer to community centers, notes its own efforts to bridge 'digital divide'
- Google Fiber promises free ultra-fast Internet access to public housing
- SAS drives revenue to 40th straight record: $3.16B
- Report: NC faces 'at least' 70% loss of jobs in 39 categories
- How can cities best deal with rise of robot workers?
- Cam and the Selfies: A mobile data record for Panther fans