From our archives: The Fred Eshelman saga includes one-person startup at PPD to Wilmington's Walk of Fame and now a $1.1B sale of Furiex
Looking back at Fred Eshelman's career: A 2009 blog post recapped a tumultuous year for Eshelman and PPD in which the company's stock was hammered and he stepped down as CEO to become executive chairman. But the year was capped with a salute. From there, Eshelman has continued to make headlines....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics