From our archives: The Fred Eshelman saga includes one-person startup at PPD to Wilmington's Walk of Fame and now a $1.1B sale of Furiex
Looking back at Fred Eshelman's career: A 2009 blog post recapped a tumultuous year for Eshelman and PPD in which the company's stock was hammered and he stepped down as CEO to become executive chairman. But the year was capped with a salute. From there, Eshelman has continued to make headlines....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- CED Life Science Conference to showcase Triangle's remarkable success story
- Exits of Plastina, Lipson are good news for Triangle - Here's why
- Study: 'Tasty' cannabis edibles need better labels for safety
- Report spells out strategy for how NC can cash in on 'data economy'
- Report: NC equity funding drops $400M in '16 yet reach grows
- Despite big changes, Google Fiber says it's 'here to stay in Triangle'
- Duke inventors' kitchen safety recipe: Internet of Things stove control, app raises $175K
- A witness to amazing RDU growth: Jammed LA-to-RDU Sunday night flight
- IBM's top exec defends Trump role in letter to employees
- Inside Offline's big deal with McClatchy: What's next for Raleigh startup, how deal was made