From our archives: The Fred Eshelman saga includes one-person startup at PPD to Wilmington's Walk of Fame and now a $1.1B sale of Furiex
Looking back at Fred Eshelman's career: A 2009 blog post recapped a tumultuous year for Eshelman and PPD in which the company's stock was hammered and he stepped down as CEO to become executive chairman. But the year was capped with a salute. From there, Eshelman has continued to make headlines....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- The Startup Factory takes its first step toward going statewide
- State to add 105,000 jobs this year, jobless rate to fall says NCSU economist
- A nearly $2B IPO adds to legacy of Lenovo's founder
- Remembering Triangle's first 'disruptors' from 2007 - and warnings still relevant today
- Is your firm headed into a 'Digital Vortex" or sending competitors into a spiral of destruction?
- Mobile apps showdown: Red Hat-Samsung vs. Apple-IBM
- Exclusive: Google Fiber ready for Triangle competition, top exec says
- Google Fiber is here: Construction begins across Triangle
- In the name of hype, Lenovo launches a 'Killer' campaign
- Red Hat pays hefty price for new CFO: $4M signing bonus, $9M in stock, $500,000 to move