First Flight Venture Center is soaring as RTP startup hub
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — New data show just how big the impact First Flight Venture Center is having on the Triangle's entrepreneurial community: More than $20 million in funding generated in 2016 by 37 companies who employ more than 160 people. And Andy Schwab, the Center's president, is quite proud. He shares his thoughts about First Flight, its mission, and its uniqueness as a startup hub....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Community colleges demo their power in workforce development
- Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June
- As Oracle cuts jobs, no discussion in trash-talking earnings call
- New FCC chair stresses 'bringing benefits of digital age to all Americans'