First Flight president sees investment potential in 'Big Launch' winners
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Using nanotechnology for textile production and development of waterless toilets were the big ideas being turned into businesses that led to two Raleigh firms winning the "Big Launch Challenge." And judge/angel investor Andy Schwab, the leader of First Flight Venture Center which helped put on the event, likes what he sees in both firms....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- House OKs new venture fund for NC with decisive vote
- Uber expanding ride-sharing to North Carolina's coast
- New state venture fund that would provide startups a cash infusion advances
- Lenovo's 'attacking' strategy: Targeting the 'social mobile Internet'
- Sources: NetApp cutting 15 percent of its work force at RTP campus
- Road risks: 70% now using social media, net while driving
- CenturyLink fast Internet service targets much of eastern NC, Triangle
- CEOs want our state, but does General Assembly want CEOs?
- AT&T, trade group take FCC fight to court in attempt to stop new rules
- 'Venom' security risk hits cloud; Red Hat warns about vulnerability