Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
Ginny Porowski, a registered nurse turned entrepreneur, is meeting a true pain point for hospitals and patients with her "GoGown," a disposable gown designed to protect patients and staff from infections. She recently landed a licensing deal for GoGown after signing on to work with Edison Nation Medical, a medical device incubator in Charlotte. Porowski met Edison through John Austin at Groundworks Labs in Durham. In the first of a three-part story, WRALTechWire offers its Insiders a detailed account of how GoGowns went from dream to reality....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Vivek Wadhwa's book 'Innovating Women' hits markets Sept. 2
- Capital watch: Crowdfunding bill in a 'mess;' patent troll bill advancing
- The Startup Factory looks to hire venture associate, marketer
- Fed up IBMers protest in France over working conditions
- Sunday Times: Sex tape ignited GSK's China scandal
- 'To Facebook, we are all lab rats' - are you outraged?
- Report: N.C. not even in top 10 for U.S. broadband
- Attention high-tech job hopefuls: It's 'absolutely a job-seekers market'
- Crowdfunding bill now on N.C. Senate agenda
- VC attorney: Aereo case will deter investors, not entrepreneurs