Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
Ginny Porowski, a registered nurse turned entrepreneur, is meeting a true pain point for hospitals and patients with her "GoGown," a disposable gown designed to protect patients and staff from infections. She recently landed a licensing deal for GoGown after signing on to work with Edison Nation Medical, a medical device incubator in Charlotte. Porowski met Edison through John Austin at Groundworks Labs in Durham. In the first of a three-part story, WRALTechWire offers its Insiders a detailed account of how GoGowns went from dream to reality....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
- Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?
- A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
- N.C. Senate committee to consider crowdfunding bill
- NCTA renames its '21 Awards,' to honor winners with 'Beacon'
- Vivek Wadhwa's book 'Innovating Women' hits markets Sept. 2
- Capital watch: Crowdfunding bill in a 'mess;' patent troll bill advancing