Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
Ginny Porowski, a registered nurse turned entrepreneur, is meeting a true pain point for hospitals and patients with her "GoGown," a disposable gown designed to protect patients and staff from infections. She recently landed a licensing deal for GoGown after signing on to work with Edison Nation Medical, a medical device incubator in Charlotte. Porowski met Edison through John Austin at Groundworks Labs in Durham. In the first of a three-part story, WRALTechWire offers its Insiders a detailed account of how GoGowns went from dream to reality....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- From WTW's archives: Dave Rizzo and NC IDEA's launch, his joining MCNC
- Raleigh startup Innovate Biopharmaceuticals lands $1.5M
- Saluting Dave Rizzo, a driving force behind NC's entrepreneurial explosion
- Want a job in the 'Next Evolution'? Try analytics
- Incoming NC IDEA leader: Change to foundation offers many benefits to startups, state
- Jobless future? NC Science and Math robotics team remains gung ho
- How can workers avoid becoming obsolete? A Q&A with Dr. Mike Walden
- Raleigh forum's focus: How can NC deal with threat of jobless future?
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz