Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
Ginny Porowski, a registered nurse turned entrepreneur, is meeting a true pain point for hospitals and patients with her "GoGown," a disposable gown designed to protect patients and staff from infections. She recently landed a licensing deal for GoGown after signing on to work with Edison Nation Medical, a medical device incubator in Charlotte. Porowski met Edison through John Austin at Groundworks Labs in Durham. In the first of a three-part story, WRALTechWire offers its Insiders a detailed account of how GoGowns went from dream to reality....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- HP takes lead in sever market as IBM-Lenovo deal waits for approval
- Rock this way: Gamers love EDM, so Tilt Music Festival goes electronic
- Startup Factory's warning to Triangle: 'Bar keeps getting higher' for funding
- Two Toasters celebrates Inc. 5000 by paying it forward: A fundraiser for Girls Who Code
- Clinverse CEO: Pharma industry changes mean more business opportunities
- Prediction: Failure to pass crowdfunding, other economic development bills will hurt N.C.
- Inside Inc. 5000: Two Toasters' mobile apps deliver 579% growth
- Clinverse CEO: New venture funding to drive expansion, create new jobs
- Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
- Exclusive: GroundFloor isn't moving to Atlanta due to NC crowdfunding impasse