Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
Ginny Porowski, a registered nurse turned entrepreneur, is meeting a true pain point for hospitals and patients with her "GoGown," a disposable gown designed to protect patients and staff from infections. She recently landed a licensing deal for GoGown after signing on to work with Edison Nation Medical, a medical device incubator in Charlotte. Porowski met Edison through John Austin at Groundworks Labs in Durham. In the first of a three-part story, WRALTechWire offers its Insiders a detailed account of how GoGowns went from dream to reality....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy