Fed up IBMers protest in France over working conditions
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — For the second time this year, IBM faces a rebellion by workers. This time, the strike is taking place in France where IBMers are protesting job cuts that they say "have deeply damaged working conditions." IBM's proposed x86 server sale to Lenovo triggered a March strike in China. But don't hold your breath that a walkout might occur in the U.S....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- 'Wow:' Quintiles takes VR plunge to improve digital health
- Cisco tells NC employees: 'Extremely disappointed' in HB2
- Layoffs hit IBM in Triangle; Big Blue confirms cuts but says it has 25k open jobs
- Triangle plans for growth despite a big elephant (HB2) in the room
- Joe DeSimone's thrilling day: 'Wow. Humbling'
- As crowdfunding kicks in, 'proceed with caution,' attorney says
- NC lags the pack while SEC crowdfunding rules take effect
- Inside Counter Culture Coffee: Secrets to success
- At Counter Culture Coffee, brewing a sustainable success story
- Can crowdfunding survive in rancor-filled General Assembly?