Exclusive: GroundFloor isn't moving to Atlanta due to NC crowdfunding impasse
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Crowdfunding startup GroundFloor is not moving to Atlanta because of the failure of the N.C. general Assembly to pass crowdfunding legislation, co-founder and CEO Brian Dally tells WRAL TechWire. In an in-depth Q&A, Dally talks about why the decision was made, that the firm could have raised more than the $1 million announced Tuesday, and deal flow is good. So good, in fact, that they expect to raise another round of financing later this year....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics