Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, other communications providers and tech firms need to join Google, Facebook and others in calling for changes in US, other governments' spying on Internet and telecommunications users. New disclosures such as a report today about spying on virtual worlds and online gamers makes this issue even more crucial to our use of the Internet today and in the future....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa