Eric Shander's journey: From IBM to Red Hat, chief accounting officer to CFO
Raleigh, N.C. — Eric Shander is getting a boatload of new responsibilities and a much higher profile as well as a $65,000 pay bump as he moves to Red Hat's chief financial officer from chief accounting officer. In an in-depth Q&A, Shander talks about his new job and the road tour with CEO Jim Whitehurst that helped lead to his promotion - as well as opened his eyes to the new world of investor relations. Plus: Read his full bio....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Dr. James Goodnight: From moment of inspiration to building SAS, a global software powerhouse
- With all tickets gone, TechWire Awards to be streamed live at WRAL.com
- As Scot Wingo's new gig Spiffy lands extra $2.5M, he 'loves' being back with a startup
- Dr. Charles Hamner: A creator of NC's life science industry
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success
- Why Red Hat's new CFO left IBM - and what he likes better
- Eric Shander's journey: From IBM to Red Hat, chief accounting officer to CFO
- Datathon at Duke offers big talent recruiting opportunity, says former Red Hat exec
- 'Life is more than self'- The driver for 2017 WRAL TechWire awards
- SEC's big 'fake news' crackdown shows a major threat to readers, investors