Egad! Crowdfunding bill now caught up in teacher assistant dispute
Raleigh, N.C. — Backers of the NC JOBS Act, which would permit crowdfunding for startups in North Carolina, may not get their wish for passage as heated political debate drags on in the state's General Assembly. Crowdfunding as well as economic development issues such as a new job development fund are part of a package that still divides House and Senate....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Full speed ahead at Medfusion despite it's David-vs-Goliath fight with Allscripts
- Exclusive: Why Silicon Valley's IXL is bringing ed tech jobs to Raleigh
- Red-hot August for Triangle startups: More than $65 million
- Cree names spinoff of chip, radio frequency business 'Wolfspeed'
- Attorney: New SEC crowdfunding guidelines unleashing 'a major capital raising tool'
- Why Bull City backs Medfusion: Its leadership is a 'perfect combination'
- Lenovo teams up with Red Hat, offers hefty rebates in bids to boost server business
- Fresh of $25M funding, Spoonflower wants a CFO with IPO experience
- AT&T, CenturyLink to use $42M in FCC funds for rural NC broadband expansion
- Jay Parker resigns from senior post at Lenovo