Egad! Crowdfunding bill now caught up in teacher assistant dispute
Raleigh, N.C. — Backers of the NC JOBS Act, which would permit crowdfunding for startups in North Carolina, may not get their wish for passage as heated political debate drags on in the state's General Assembly. Crowdfunding as well as economic development issues such as a new job development fund are part of a package that still divides House and Senate....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz
- Amazon launches one-hour delivery service in Raleigh
- Frontier: 'We applaud' ConnectHome net plan, touts own efforts
- AT&T applauds Google Fiber's 'free' offer to community centers, notes its own efforts to bridge 'digital divide'
- Google Fiber promises free ultra-fast Internet access to public housing
- SAS drives revenue to 40th straight record: $3.16B
- Report: NC faces 'at least' 70% loss of jobs in 39 categories
- How can cities best deal with rise of robot workers?
- Cam and the Selfies: A mobile data record for Panther fans