Economist: Lenovo's $2.3B deal with IBM is a boost for China
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — NCSU economist Dr. Michael Walden sees Lenovo's acquisition of IBM's lower-end server business for $2.3 billion as a boost to China's economy. He also says the types of jobs available at IBM are changing....
WRAL Local Tech Wire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- MCNC expands network capabilities in deal with Sentinel Data Centers
- Unions spell out 'demands' to IBM, plan to step up organizing
- Aereo case shows that in technology vs. tradition we all win - and lose
- VC deals surge nationally - but not in Triangle, rest of NC
- With record numbers, international growth, WRALTechWire's Insider turns 1
- IBMers fear more layoffs; Street expects another revenue drop in report today
- Ex-IBMer Dick Daugherty a very deserving Raleigh Hall of Fame choice
- As Google Glass hits street, group warns: Don't be a 'Glasshole'
- Pulitzer Prize shows importance of a free press in era of high-tech snooping
- Bravo! 'The Escapist' is a finalist for a 4th Webby Award