DataChambers opens new Raleigh data center
Raleigh, N.C. —
The Winston-Salem company has upgraded the site since it bought the 50,000 square-foot building last September. The Garner Station Boulevard site was formerly occupied by Qwest Communications. Nearly a million pounds of concrete and steel were used to reinforce the building, which has been built to meet Category 3 hurricane standards.
Besides the Raleigh site, DataChambers owns two data centers in Winston-Salem. The company earlier this month announced it would build a fourth data center on the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution