DARA BioSciences raising $6M in private placement
Related Blog Posts
- DARA reverse split; Icahn drops buyback; SAS a leader in MRM; Heat Bio hire; PRA honor; Novozymes, Monsanto deal
- DARA BioSciences prepares for reverse stock split
- DARA Biosciences raising $2.5M to hire firm to provide dedicated sales force
- DARA BioSciences looks to raise $2.73M in new capital
- Cancer products firm DARA BioSciences at risk of delisting
On The Web
DARA is making the offering from a shelf registration statement that the company filed in 2011. In this offering certain institutional investors will purchase more than 2.1 million DARA shares at the price of $2.765 per share. DARA earlier this week completed a reverse stock split to boost the company's stock price. The company had been contending with warnings from the Nasdaq that its stock did not meet the minimum $1 price to list on the exchange.
After expenses, DARA estimates its net proceeds from the offering will be approximately $5.5 million. The company said the proceeds would be used for working capital and general corporate purposes, including funding commercial activities related to the company’s product portfolio of cancer and cancer supportive products.
The offering is expected to close Feb. 18.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- No Ashton Kutcher smartphone, Lenovo says
- Checking in on 'tattooed guy' with SXSW-bound Raleigh team
- Sneak peek: Stylish HQRaleigh on eve of move-in day
- Raleigh mayor heads to Austin to recruit entrepreneurs, businesses
- Reports: Strike against IBM-Lenovo deal continues in China
- RTP misses out on $100M Cisco 'Internet of Everything' center
- IBM job protests in China don't generate sympathy in US
- Leadership lessons from the Red Hat tower: CEO stresses r-e-s-p-e-c-t
- Inside Lookout Capital's biggest deal: Why pick Wright Foods?
- Lenovo rips Ellen's Oscar selfie with a critical tweet, 'pic'