Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The tweet from WRAL's Capitol news team says it all for crowdfunding in North Carolina: "House votes to KILL H1224 47-54." The NC JOBS Act was part of House Bill 1224, which went down to defeat after some bitter debate. The vote failed despite last-second lobbying from Secretary of Commerce Sharon Decker....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Women-led startups flex muscles at healthcare investment showcase
- Tech links: Epic v. Microsoft; Wilmington at Forbes; IBM blockchain; Arista-Cisco patent fight; IBM cloud foundation; GSK malaria vaccine
- Triangle headlines: RTI-Zika research; Quintiles glucose monitoring; Cree's LED plant lights; PatientPay exec; Q2 award
- Red Hat to offer employees stock purchase plan as incentive
- Survey: Consumers value accuracy most from wearables
- Report: Triangle ranks among top metros for best VC returns
- NC House approves crowdfunding in first vote, but ...
- Providers: 'Coming together,' engagement are keys to making NC broadband plan work
- State Broadband Plan targets 'universal' high-speed access by 2021
- AT&T broadens reach of NC Next Generation Network
- Personalized weather app just might save you a drenching while running
- Senate crowdfunding backers try go-it-alone bill
- IMS merger could make Quintiles CEO $16.4M richer