Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The tweet from WRAL's Capitol news team says it all for crowdfunding in North Carolina: "House votes to KILL H1224 47-54." The NC JOBS Act was part of House Bill 1224, which went down to defeat after some bitter debate. The vote failed despite last-second lobbying from Secretary of Commerce Sharon Decker....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Exclusive: Fresh off academic triple crown, DeSimone focuses on new startup
- Rank-and-file IBMers pay the price as Big Blue's reboot accelerates
- DeSimone launches 3D print venture in Valley, earns another honor
- Frontier CEO coming to Durham for fiber news; Capitol is first customer
- Why Terri Lomax is leaving NCSU for RTI - in her own words
- Lenovo forming new company in China targeting smart devices
- Frontier vs. AT&T in Durham: Let the fiber fight begin
- AT&T ramps up to gigabit speed, doubling Wi-Fi speeds in Austin
- Gigabit Internet is going to change our world - Are you ready?
- September surprise: NC high-tech job openings tumble 6%