Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The tweet from WRAL's Capitol news team says it all for crowdfunding in North Carolina: "House votes to KILL H1224 47-54." The NC JOBS Act was part of House Bill 1224, which went down to defeat after some bitter debate. The vote failed despite last-second lobbying from Secretary of Commerce Sharon Decker....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- From WTW's archives: Dave Rizzo and NC IDEA's launch, his joining MCNC
- Raleigh startup Innovate Biopharmaceuticals lands $1.5M
- Saluting Dave Rizzo, a driving force behind NC's entrepreneurial explosion
- Want a job in the 'Next Evolution'? Try analytics
- Incoming NC IDEA leader: Change to foundation offers many benefits to startups, state
- Jobless future? NC Science and Math robotics team remains gung ho
- How can workers avoid becoming obsolete? A Q&A with Dr. Mike Walden
- Raleigh forum's focus: How can NC deal with threat of jobless future?
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz