Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The tweet from WRAL's Capitol news team says it all for crowdfunding in North Carolina: "House votes to KILL H1224 47-54." The NC JOBS Act was part of House Bill 1224, which went down to defeat after some bitter debate. The vote failed despite last-second lobbying from Secretary of Commerce Sharon Decker....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- SAS revenues hit record $3.09B but weakening Euro hurts
- Crowdfunding bill introduced at General Assembly
- 'Bloodbath:' IBM workers report job cuts are underway
- 10,000 phone sales in 2 seconds: Lenovo's attack on Xiaomi begins
- Union: IBMers report job cuts will begin on Wednesday
- Frontier: 'Significant progress' already being made with own fiber network
- AT&T on Google Fiber: 'We welcome additional competition'
- Study: Chatham Park development to produce 115,000 jobs
- Changes at IBM create, eliminate thousands of jobs
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts