Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The tweet from WRAL's Capitol news team says it all for crowdfunding in North Carolina: "House votes to KILL H1224 47-54." The NC JOBS Act was part of House Bill 1224, which went down to defeat after some bitter debate. The vote failed despite last-second lobbying from Secretary of Commerce Sharon Decker....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa