Crowdfunding advocates launch last-second appeal for support in NC Senate
Raleigh, N.C. — After a crowdfunding bill passed decisively in the N.C. House last year, advocates have tried in vain to get the measure passed in the Senate. With the latest session of the general Assembly nearly its close as the last big battle (budget) heads toward a climax, crowdfunding supporters are hoping for a last-second approval. Will they get it?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- HP takes lead in sever market as IBM-Lenovo deal waits for approval
- Rock this way: Gamers love EDM, so Tilt Music Festival goes electronic
- Startup Factory's warning to Triangle: 'Bar keeps getting higher' for funding
- Two Toasters celebrates Inc. 5000 by paying it forward: A fundraiser for Girls Who Code
- Clinverse CEO: Pharma industry changes mean more business opportunities
- Prediction: Failure to pass crowdfunding, other economic development bills will hurt N.C.
- Inside Inc. 5000: Two Toasters' mobile apps deliver 579% growth
- Clinverse CEO: New venture funding to drive expansion, create new jobs
- Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
- Exclusive: GroundFloor isn't moving to Atlanta due to NC crowdfunding impasse