Cree $10 LED bulb 'biggest thing since lightbulb;' lights up shares
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Cree Chairman and CEO Chuck Swoboda is in New York City today briefing analysts on what could be the breakthrough event for the Durham company in the consumer lighting market: A long-lasting LED bulb that costs $10. The news excites investors as Cree shares jump 7% in pre-market trading and finished up 14.4 percent for the day in heavy trading....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Source: Google still investing heavily in fiber despite job cuts report
- CED Tech Venture lineup draws 50+ investment funds to Raleigh
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world
- Why 'skills gap' trainer General Assembly is coming to RTP - and how it differs from competitors
- RTP Foundation expanding Frontier business space
- Generation app gap: Millennials' tech embrace dwarfs boomers, Xers
- Lenovo expands RTP sales force as North America market grows
- Analyst: Lenovo's errors trigger plunging smartphone sales
- Sources: Google Fiber still burying cable across Triangle