Cree $10 LED bulb 'biggest thing since lightbulb;' lights up shares
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Cree Chairman and CEO Chuck Swoboda is in New York City today briefing analysts on what could be the breakthrough event for the Durham company in the consumer lighting market: A long-lasting LED bulb that costs $10. The news excites investors as Cree shares jump 7% in pre-market trading and finished up 14.4 percent for the day in heavy trading....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Want a job at SAS? Here's what they are looking for
- Google Fiber halts expansion but 'work will continue' in Triangle, Charlotte
- Allyson Sutton begins writing new pages in post-HQ Raleigh career
- Study: RTP among lowest-cost sites to lure advanced manufacturing
- Report: Pentagon warns against use of Lenovo gear, citing cybersecurity, China
- Inside Charlotte's startup scene: Surging - but with growing pains
- Veteran lawyer: Venture capital 'becoming increasingly irrelevant'
- How to grow a gigabit ecosystem - The Wilson story: A WRAL TechWire event
- A downer: NC's $100M per quarter in VC deals ends
- Triangle fiber wars intensify: Lightower expands Raleigh network