Cree $10 LED bulb 'biggest thing since lightbulb;' lights up shares
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Cree Chairman and CEO Chuck Swoboda is in New York City today briefing analysts on what could be the breakthrough event for the Durham company in the consumer lighting market: A long-lasting LED bulb that costs $10. The news excites investors as Cree shares jump 7% in pre-market trading and finished up 14.4 percent for the day in heavy trading....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics