Cree $10 LED bulb 'biggest thing since lightbulb;' lights up shares
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Cree Chairman and CEO Chuck Swoboda is in New York City today briefing analysts on what could be the breakthrough event for the Durham company in the consumer lighting market: A long-lasting LED bulb that costs $10. The news excites investors as Cree shares jump 7% in pre-market trading and finished up 14.4 percent for the day in heavy trading....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success
- Why Red Hat's new CFO left IBM - and what he likes better
- Eric Shander's journey: From IBM to Red Hat, chief accounting officer to CFO
- Datathon at Duke offers big talent recruiting opportunity, says former Red Hat exec
- 'Life is more than self'- The driver for 2017 WRAL TechWire awards
- SEC's big 'fake news' crackdown shows a major threat to readers, investors
- Falling US sales help tumble Lenovo from No. 1 PC sales ranking
- Lenovo topples Apple as No. 1 in Laptop Magazine rankings
- Pray Facebook's new AI Messenger (M) is better than auto correct
- Lenovo server group rebounds in cloud IT sales; Cisco, NetApp surge; IBM slips