Cree removes 'interim' from CFO Mike McDevitt's title
Durham, N.C. —
The light emitting diode and semiconductor firm on Monday said McDevitt would be its new executive vice president and CFO.
He had been named to the post on an interim basis last May.
McDevitt took on that role when former Cree CFO John Kurtzweil resigned to take a similar post at Extreme Networks.
“Mike is an invaluable member of the Cree team and I am very pleased to announce his appointment as CFO,” said Chuck Swoboda, Cree's chairman and CEO. “After conducting an exhaustive national search, we realized Mike is the best candidate for the job. Mike’s proven leadership will help Cree drive innovation and accelerated adoption of LED lighting.”
McDevitt has worked at Cree in executive roles for more than a decade, serving as director of sales operations in 2011-2012, director of financial planning from 2005-2011 and corporate controller from 2002-2005.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution