Cree removes 'interim' from CFO Mike McDevitt's title
Durham, N.C. —
The light emitting diode and semiconductor firm on Monday said McDevitt would be its new executive vice president and CFO.
He had been named to the post on an interim basis last May.
McDevitt took on that role when former Cree CFO John Kurtzweil resigned to take a similar post at Extreme Networks.
“Mike is an invaluable member of the Cree team and I am very pleased to announce his appointment as CFO,” said Chuck Swoboda, Cree's chairman and CEO. “After conducting an exhaustive national search, we realized Mike is the best candidate for the job. Mike’s proven leadership will help Cree drive innovation and accelerated adoption of LED lighting.”
McDevitt has worked at Cree in executive roles for more than a decade, serving as director of sales operations in 2011-2012, director of financial planning from 2005-2011 and corporate controller from 2002-2005.
Please log in or register to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- At last! Sprint 4G service formally launches in Triangle
- Big Blue's layoff total climbs in RTP; North America total surges past 2,800
- Big Blue layoff count nears 2,800 in North America alone
- NC's high-tech job picture improves in May, but ...
- IBM layoff count hits nearly 2,300 across 31 work groups
- NC IDEA: Startup deal flow 'better than it has ever been'
- IBM's job cuts are global, nearing 4,000; most are in U.S.
- CEO fears for future of NC Biofuels Center due to budget cuts
- Workers 50+ take biggest hit among 14% reduction in IBM marketing group
- 'Anxiety and disruption:' IBM's form letter for layoffs