Cleantech cluster lands OSIsoft as new member
Research Triangle Park, N.C. —
The San Leandro, Calif.-based company joined as part of the cluster’s campaign to recruit new mid- to large-size firms at an investment of $15,000 a year. The Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster, RTCC, is an initiative that brings together business, government, academia and nonprofits to accelerate the region’s cleantech economy. The initiative is funded by board members that include ABB (NYSE: ABB), Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO), Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) and PowerSecure International (NYSE: POWR).
Lee Anne Nance, RTCC managing director and executive vice president of the Research Triangle Regional Partnership, which created and manages the RTCC, said that OSIsoft should benefit the Chatham Park technology partnership, in which RTCC members will play develop a model sustainable “smart city” on 7,000 acres in Chatham County.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution
- Can Barley's bark win Super Bowl gold for Durham startup?
- Tech guru Mossberg changes gears, praises Republic Wireless
- Survey explodes myth of the poor VC-backed entrepreneur