Cisco's D-Day salute to USofA: New jobs in RTP
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers has been fighting corporate U.S. tax policy for years and has said more than once the networking giant wasn't going to hire or grow in the U.S. until policy changed. Then came Friday's news that 550 new jobs - and 143 lost through layoffs - will be added to Cisco's RTP campus. So what's going on?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- FCC to NC on broadband law: 'That dog won't hunt'
- Lenovo vows 'cyber attack' investigation but won't discuss all damage hackers did
- Lenovo website hacked; group known as Lizard Squad claims responsibility
- IBM makes $1.5B profit on x86 server sale to Lenovo
- Is crowdfunding doomed again at General Assembly?
- IBM's work force drops by 50,000 in 2014 under reboot
- SAS creates new division focusing on risk research, is hiring
- Slideshow: Why Valeant is buying Salix in a $14B deal
- Lenovo apologizes for adware; feds repeat security risk warning
- Sale won't end turmoil at Salix - look for more in short term