Cisco's D-Day salute to USofA: New jobs in RTP
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers has been fighting corporate U.S. tax policy for years and has said more than once the networking giant wasn't going to hire or grow in the U.S. until policy changed. Then came Friday's news that 550 new jobs - and 143 lost through layoffs - will be added to Cisco's RTP campus. So what's going on?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- New NC IDEA leader: Change to foundation offers many benefits
- Jobless future? NC Science and Math robotics team remains gung ho
- How can workers avoid becoming obsolete? A Q&A with Dr. Mike Walden
- Raleigh forum's focus: How can NC deal with threat of jobless future?
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz
- Amazon launches one-hour delivery service in Raleigh
- Frontier: 'We applaud' ConnectHome net plan, touts own efforts
- AT&T applauds Google Fiber's 'free' offer to community centers, notes its own efforts to bridge 'digital divide'
- Google Fiber promises free ultra-fast Internet access to public housing