Cisco's D-Day salute to USofA: New jobs in RTP
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers has been fighting corporate U.S. tax policy for years and has said more than once the networking giant wasn't going to hire or grow in the U.S. until policy changed. Then came Friday's news that 550 new jobs - and 143 lost through layoffs - will be added to Cisco's RTP campus. So what's going on?...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Women-led startups flex muscles at healthcare investment showcase
- Tech links: Epic v. Microsoft; Wilmington at Forbes; IBM blockchain; Arista-Cisco patent fight; IBM cloud foundation; GSK malaria vaccine
- Triangle headlines: RTI-Zika research; Quintiles glucose monitoring; Cree's LED plant lights; PatientPay exec; Q2 award
- Red Hat to offer employees stock purchase plan as incentive
- Survey: Consumers value accuracy most from wearables
- Report: Triangle ranks among top metros for best VC returns
- NC House approves crowdfunding in first vote, but ...
- Providers: 'Coming together,' engagement are keys to making NC broadband plan work
- State Broadband Plan targets 'universal' high-speed access by 2021
- AT&T broadens reach of NC Next Generation Network
- Personalized weather app just might save you a drenching while running
- Senate crowdfunding backers try go-it-alone bill
- IMS merger could make Quintiles CEO $16.4M richer