Cisco's COO: 'Thank God we had a crisis' that triggered layoffs
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — In a candid presentation to Wall Street, Cisco's chief operating officer and president says the tech giant was "fat around the middle" and that he can "actually thank God" for the crisis that triggered thousands of layoffs and a restructuring three years ago. Those comments likely offer no comfort to the people who lost jobs, even if Cisco is better off as a company today after all the changes....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- AT&T, CenturyLink, trade groups won't cave to FCC net regulation
- Global tablet sales falter - including Lenovo despite hiring Ashton Kutcher
- Is GSK open to a merger? 'A big issue to cross,' CEO says
- Ex-GSK employees facing layoffs at Parexel; firm won't comment
- Survey: More Triangle startups to cut spending, reduce hiring
- San Francisco firm acquires Raleigh-based social marketer Expion
- IBM layoffs? Top finance exec sees more 'workforce rebalancing'
- Tech giants keep spending big on lobbying in DC
- 'Humbled' veteran Quintiles exec gears up for new role as Q2 CEO
- Will there be layoffs as well as new jobs as Quintiles' Q2 launches?