Cisco's COO: 'Thank God we had a crisis' that triggered layoffs
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — In a candid presentation to Wall Street, Cisco's chief operating officer and president says the tech giant was "fat around the middle" and that he can "actually thank God" for the crisis that triggered thousands of layoffs and a restructuring three years ago. Those comments likely offer no comfort to the people who lost jobs, even if Cisco is better off as a company today after all the changes....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Fresh of $25M funding, Spoonflower wants a CFO with IPO experience
- AT&T, CenturyLink to use $42M in FCC funds for rural NC broadband expansion
- Jay Parker resigns from senior post at Lenovo
- Lenovo confirms Motorola exec to lead combined smartphone business
- Lenovo mobile leader asks 'patience' for his strategy to win 'smartphone market melee'
- Losing streak ends for Goodnight, billiionaires; Triangle stocks rebound, too
- Reports: Motorola now absorbing Lenovo smartphone efforts
- Clayton celebrates 'huge' Novo Nordisk expansion
- Cliff Bleszinki's new game is 'LawBreakers' - Here's the video
- Inside $25M Spoonflower deal: 50 new jobs, big plans for growth, 'we've only scratched the surface'