Cisco's COO: 'Thank God we had a crisis' that triggered layoffs
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — In a candid presentation to Wall Street, Cisco's chief operating officer and president says the tech giant was "fat around the middle" and that he can "actually thank God" for the crisis that triggered thousands of layoffs and a restructuring three years ago. Those comments likely offer no comfort to the people who lost jobs, even if Cisco is better off as a company today after all the changes....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- House OKs new venture fund for NC with decisive vote
- Uber expanding ride-sharing to North Carolina's coast
- New state venture fund that would provide startups a cash infusion advances
- Lenovo's 'attacking' strategy: Targeting the 'social mobile Internet'
- Sources: NetApp cutting 15 percent of its work force at RTP campus
- Road risks: 70% now using social media, net while driving
- CenturyLink fast Internet service targets much of eastern NC, Triangle
- CEOs want our state, but does General Assembly want CEOs?
- AT&T, trade group take FCC fight to court in attempt to stop new rules
- 'Venom' security risk hits cloud; Red Hat warns about vulnerability