Cisco's COO: 'Thank God we had a crisis' that triggered layoffs
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — In a candid presentation to Wall Street, Cisco's chief operating officer and president says the tech giant was "fat around the middle" and that he can "actually thank God" for the crisis that triggered thousands of layoffs and a restructuring three years ago. Those comments likely offer no comfort to the people who lost jobs, even if Cisco is better off as a company today after all the changes....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Exclusive: Raleigh Chamber's new CEO on challenges, priorities, repealing HB2
- Community colleges demo their power in workforce development
- Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June
- As Oracle cuts jobs, no discussion in trash-talking earnings call