Cisco's COO: 'Thank God we had a crisis' that triggered layoffs
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — In a candid presentation to Wall Street, Cisco's chief operating officer and president says the tech giant was "fat around the middle" and that he can "actually thank God" for the crisis that triggered thousands of layoffs and a restructuring three years ago. Those comments likely offer no comfort to the people who lost jobs, even if Cisco is better off as a company today after all the changes....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Triangle entrepreneur survey finds mix of optimism and worry
- Frontier rolling out gigabit Internet in several Durham, RTP locations
- A new 'Frontier' in speed: Gigabit Internet hits Triangle
- Massive SAS building, more jobs reflect Goodnight's enduring loyalty to home state
- Exclusive: Fresh off academic triple crown, DeSimone focuses on new startup
- Rank-and-file IBMers pay the price as Big Blue's reboot accelerates
- DeSimone launches 3D print venture in Valley, earns another honor
- Frontier CEO coming to Durham for fiber news; Capitol is first customer
- Why Terri Lomax is leaving NCSU for RTI - in her own words
- Lenovo forming new company in China targeting smart devices