Cisco joins Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster
Research Triangle Park, N.C. —
Other companies that are part of the Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster include Duke Energy, ABB, and SAS Institute. The cluster is coordinated by the Research Triangle Regional Partnership, a public-private partnership that promotes economic development for the 13-county Research Triangle Region.
Wes Sylvester, Cisco’s Connected Energy sales and business development, will represent the company on the RTCC board. RTCC Managing Director Lee Anne Nance said Cisco’s participation provides a significant boost to the cluster’s work.
“Cisco's experience in building smart, connected and sustainable communities accelerates cleantech innovation and deployment,” Nance said in a statement.
The RTCC is led by an 11-member board. The initiative is managed with funding from its industry board members. Besides Cisco, the members are ABB Inc., Duke Energy, Field2Base Inc., Power Analytics Corp., PowerSecure International, RTI International, SAS, Schneider Electric, Sensus and Siemens.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- 'Let's talk tech jobs:' What's really happening in IT hiring?
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping