CEO who led NC broadband effort at MCNC stepping down
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Joe Freddoso, the executive who spearheaded efforts to turn the North Carolina Research and Education Network into a state-wide fiber optic highway, is leaving the CEO post at MCNC. After seven years in the job, the former Cisco executive says "I believe it's time for next generation leadership to take over for the good of the organization."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa
- 'GigaThon' computer refurbishing to help spread net access in Triangle
- RTI study: Facebook's data center delivers huge impact to NC