Golden LEAF sets grant briefingsBy Philanthropy Journal
During May and June, the Golden LEAF Foundation will hold three briefings around the state to familiarize grantseekers with its Open Grants Program.
The new initiative, which replaces the funder's Annual Grants Cycle, allows nonprofits to submit grant requests throughout the year and simplifies the grant-request process.
While the foundation's primary focus areas are agriculture, job-creation and retention, and workforce-preparedness, applications proposing to boost the economies of rural or tobacco-dependent communities also will be considered.
Special consideration will be given to proposals that would leverage federal stimulus dollars.
The briefings are free, but those wishing to attend are asked to notify the foundation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions will be held in three locations:...
Copyright 2016 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Women-led startups flex muscles at healthcare investment showcase
- Tech links: Epic v. Microsoft; Wilmington at Forbes; IBM blockchain; Arista-Cisco patent fight; IBM cloud foundation; GSK malaria vaccine
- Triangle headlines: RTI-Zika research; Quintiles glucose monitoring; Cree's LED plant lights; PatientPay exec; Q2 award
- Britain's leaving the EU. What should I do with my money?
- No plan for layoffs, store closures as Southern Season restructures
- British brace for economic repercussions of EU exit decision
- Markets reel as world absorbs shock of UK vote for Brexit
- Crisis or speed bump? What UK vote means for economy sectors